February 06, 2006

go vikings!

In honor of my ten year high school reunion this spring, I gave in to web crap and filled out this survey about high school memories:

1) where did you graduate from and what year?
Sidney Lanier High School (Austin, TX) Class of 1996

2) did you have school pride?
Sure! I was always proud to go to Lanier. That place makes you tough.

3) was your prom a night to remember?
Well I was sober, so I do remember it. But it really didn't live up to my expectations of what prom would be like.

4) do you own all 4 yearbooks?
Nope. I went to three different schools my freshman year so it's highly possible that I appeared in no yearbooks that year. But I bought my sophomore and senior yearbooks since I worked on the staff (and I admit it, since I knew that there were multiple pictures of me in them).

5) what was the worst trouble you ever got into?
I don't really remember getting into any trouble. How weird is that? If you're reading this, and you went to high school with me, please let me know if I have suppressed some memory of being in trouble. Otherwise, I'm a big loser.

6) what kind of people did you hang out with?
Drama freaks!

7) what was your number 1 choice of college in HS?
Besides NYU and Vanderbilt? Those were ruled out early on due to the fact that they exist out of state. So I guess Southwest Texas State (now Texas State University at San Marcos) was my first choice, and the only campus I visited. I got accepted to East Texas State (now Texas A&M at Commerce) but it was just a backup.

8) what radio station did you jam out to in high school?
Probably a combination of Mix 94 and 101X.

9) were you involved in any organizations or clubs?
I was the president of the Golden Myth Players drama club! I was also an anchor for WLHS, the video announcements. I also dabbled in yearbook, UIL Prose, and student advisory council. (I needed the extra curriculars to balance out a very mediocre GPA.)

10) what were your favorite classes in high school?
Broadcast journalism and senior English

11) who were your biggest crushes in high school?
Sorry, ten years isn't long enough to risk the embarrassment.

12) would you say you've changed a lot since high school?
Physically, yes. In emotional maturity? Like totally.

13) what do you miss most about high school?
Getting to work on plays, and generally how easy life was.

14) your worst memory of HS?
Well, four years of high school, so there's no way there's just one. Freshman year one of my best friends moved out of state suddenly. That was really hard. Sophomore year one of my classmates was murdered. We weren't close, but it was awful and sad. Isn't high school supposed to be a series of bad memories?

15) did you have a car?
1979 orange Mazda station wagon. It was groovy.

16) what were your school colors?
Gold and black I think. Or gold, black and white? Sorry, that is just too trivial.

17) who was your fav. teacher?
Oooh, that's hard. I'd probably have to say Cummins.

18) did you own a cell phone in high school?
What? I wasn't a drug dealer.

19) did you leave campus for lunch?
Yep, we had an open campus for lunch. It was awesome!

20) if so, where was your fav. place to go eat?
Double Dave's

21) were you late to class?
Constantly. By senior year I had my own stack of hall passes and I would just forge a teacher's name to get where I needed to go.

22) did you ever have to stay for Saturday school?
Yep, had to make up for excessive absences. Oops.

23) did you ever ditch?
See previous answer.

24) when it comes time for the reunion will you be there?
Well, first we have to wait and see if my class even gets it together enough to have a reunion. Then I guess I'll decide. Although it would help if I could finish college, get an awesome career and lose like half of my body weight before then. It would make the decision a lot easier.

25) do you wish you were still in high school?
Yeah, sometimes. But then I remember that I now have credit cards, a car that has working air conditioning AND a stereo, and a job that keeps me in cute shoes and hair highlights. Oh, and I never have to ask for a bathroom pass.

Survey snagged from Bif

No comments: