August 24, 2005

Continental Airlines hates Dr. Pepper and me.

We are back from our mini-vacation to Cooperstown, New York. And now we need to take a vacation just to recover from the traveling.

I hate to say this, because I'm pretty damn tubby myself, but- I wish they would go back to weight discrimination against flights attendants. Oh yeah, I said it. I had the aisle seat in the last row of the plane on our three hour flight from Houston to Boston. And as if it wasn't bad enough that the line for the bathrooms caused people to be hovering over my seat nearly the entire flight, one of the bitchy flight attendants shoved her ample hips past my shoulder at least a hundred times on the way to Boston. Her hips took up the entire aisle spanning between the seats on either side. And you know what? Mine probably do too, but I don't have to waddle up and down the aisles of the flying tin cans they call Continental Airlines all damn day. Thank God.

And then:
Me: "Could I have a Dr. Pepper please?"
Bitchy Flight Attendant: "We don't have Dr. Pepper" said in the tone of: "Cristal? Girl, please. This is coach!"

No comments: