October 17, 2005

all the things I haven't done

I just started A Breath of Snow and Ashes last night. And yes I know I was having spasms about it weeks ago, but I couldn't start it yet. In preparation for the September release date of the book, I began rereading the entire Outlander series. And I was making pretty good time until Drums of Autumn (the fourth book) and The Fiery Cross (the fifth book). For some reason those two are pretty slow reading for me. Now this is not the first time I've reread the series, but I always feel the need to do this in preparation for a new book release. Mostly to refresh my mind on the details and whatever plot points or character issues that I had been curious about getting some answers to. So I preordered my A Breath of Snow and Ashes copy, because I had to have it the moment it was released, whether I was going to start reading it or not. But that same touch of OCD compelled me to finish The Fiery Cross (again) before starting the new book. And now I'm a few chapters into the pretty silver monstrosity (992 pages). So if you're wondering what I'm doing, that's it.

Oh, and I still haven't seen Serenity. Avoiding spoilers is a constant battle. We keep saying next weekend, and then we don't get around to it. I blame the Alamo Drafthouse for not showing it at any of the north theaters. How am I supposed to drag Rob to see a sci-fi movie without bribing him with beer?

No comments: