April 04, 2011

March Reads: 50 Books for 2011

Reading was definitely too slow this month. We've been busy with visiting family members, house projects, LIFE, etc. I did re-read a book or two, but I need to pick up the pace if I want to finish 50 new books this year. I really should be averaging 4 books a month. Eek!


#7 - It Sucked and Then I Cried: How I Had a Baby, a Breakdown, and a Much Needed Margarita by Heather B. Armstrong - Successful mommy blogger (http://www.dooce.com/) Heather Armstrong writes about debilitating post-partum depression with her trademark blend of humor and exageration. It was very funny and touching. The only thing I really disliked was the epilogue about how easy baby number two is since she stayed on the anti-depressants this time. She left out the part about how it might also be easier now that her website makes so much money that she and her husband now work from home with a nanny and a personal assistant.


#8 - Deadly Vows by Brenda Joyce - I've written about this series at length including the fact the final installment in the series was being held hostage by the publisher. I was so excited they finally decided to release it and the final Francesca Cahill mystery does not disappoint.








#9 - Demon Possessed by Stacia Kane - This is the final book in the Megan Chase series about a psychic psychiatrist who's been swept into the world of demons. This was a mostly entertaining series and a satisfying end to the series though I definitely don't feel the same affection for Megan that I do for Stacia Kane's Chess Putnam (heroine of the Downside Ghosts series).

No comments: