May 23, 2006

Taking the Long Way

I made my bed, and I sleep like a baby,
With no regrets and I don't mind saying,
It's a sad sad story
That a mother will teach her daughter
that she ought to hate a perfect stranger.
And how in the world
Can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they'd write me a letter
Saying that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over


It's finally here! The Dixie Chicks new album is released today. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon so it shipped yesterday. The Chicks seem to be getting a ton of press coverage, as well as being named part of Time magazine's 100 most influential people of the 20th century, and heavily featured on last night's season finale of "Medium". And then Jerry Springer spent part of the morning talking about them on his Air America show and urging people to buy the album, since it isn't likely to get played on country radio.

So basically, you need to buy the album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The chicks are the coolest ever!

I'm getting the album this weekend when I can Buy Pflugerville!