March 11, 2004

Generic Tivo and Torture Devices

The world seems to be turning slower. There's poor Martha Stewart, there's OJ Simpson stealing cable, there's The Apprentice, and that's it.

I had my bottom braces put on Tuesday. Why didn't anyone tell me how incredibly painful this process is? I haven't had anything good to eat since Monday, and I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself to enjoy the milkshakes I get to have. In addition to the bottom braces, and banding one of my top molars (because I broke the bracket), my orthodontist installed something called 'buttons' on the inside of my top row of teeth. Supposedly the buttons are so they can attach rubber bands later and stretch my jaw into different directions, but I'm becoming more and more convinced that she's a sadistic psycho, and I'm her Frankenstein experiment.

We finally got digital cable and the DVR from Time Warner. The DVR (Time Warner's version of the Tivo) is my new best friend. I have it recording Scrubs all season since the NBC idiots moved it to Tuesday nights, so we never catch it anymore. I'm also recording Significant Others the new show from Bravo, just because the previews looked good. The DVR is so easy to use, and we can watch our shows whenever we want, instead of being unable to leave the house because Angel is on. And no, Time Warner doesn't pay me to say this stuff. Wait until I get the first bill, then we won't be best friends anymore.

No comments: