February 21, 2008

You mean he doesn't wear that blue shirt just because it's my favorite?

So I was checking CNN to see if my first love, Anderson Cooper, would be moderating the Clinton/Obama debate in Austin tonight. But apparently, he's going to settle for commenting from his studio. Then I came across a recent blog entry of his, and apparently he's become quite adept at spotting the stalkers:

"As most of you know, there is a big difference between being a fan, or a regular viewer and being a stalker. What’s the difference? Well if you have to ask yourself that question, that’s probably not a good sign. But here’s a handy guide in case you are…well…confused.
    1. If you’ve been contacted by authorities and asked not to attempt to contact me further… but you still do, there’s a good chance you’ve crossed the line.
    2. If you’ve attempted to gain entry to my apartment under false pretenses, and can’t imagine why that might be inappropriate, that’s another red flag.

    3. If you believe I am secretly communicating to you online, or with the clothes I wear, or by telepathy through your radiator, that’s a problem as well.

    4. If you have read the last three items and laughed, or said, “wow, that’s weird” you are not a stalker.

    5. If you have read items 1-3 and notice they apply to you, but then tell yourself they actually don’t apply to you. Well, that’s not good."

P.S. Anderson? This is stalking.

No comments: